There are many benefits for individuals attending camps and community programs through Reach for the Rainbow:
- Building confidence & self-esteem
- Developing new skills
- Learning about cooperation and how to compromise
- Making friendships
- Opportunities to participate & contribute regardless of skill level
Also check out Reach for the Rainbow’s Scrapbook for Pictures, Parent Testimonials, and Feedback from Camps.
“Parent Handbook” – Click here to view our Parent Handbook
What to expect from Reach for the Rainbow:
- A RFTR Coordinator will arrange a one time meeting with your family to personalize your child’s abilities and needs.
- Information gathered from your family, school, therapists, and/or other professionals will be compiled and written into an individualized profile for your child.
- RFTR will share this profile with your prospective camp, and use the information provided to develop strategies with the camp and 1:1 counsellors.
- RFTR provides each camp with training, on-going resource visits, and any additional equipment required to assist with inclusion (See the Camps & Counsellors section for further information)
- An invoice will be mailed to your family from RFTR outlining your 1:1 support costs. This fee is calculated based on your camp’s pay scale, and will be used to pay your 1:1 support counsellor’s salary.
New Participant Registration (PDF)
“New Participant Registration Form”- Click here to download your New Participant Registration Form to your computer.